Dear Theo, I have made the difficult decision to develop my teaching and children's learning by applying to work in private schools. For me, the smaller class sizes and pupil motivation are the major reasons for this decision. I had an interview at a respected private school in Surrey, however did not get it. I suspect I was shortlisted as I live in Hampshire to 'pull in numbers' so to speak. I am moving to Surrey in August, hence my decision to work in this area. I will continue applying for jobs, however have only three years experience in my current mainstream school so am considering my options. 1. Should I take the time (being in a priviledged position living with parents) to complete the 1 year masters MSc Education? Hopefully with this, I will be able to get my foot in the door and prove my commitment to my dream (which is working in a private school). 2. Or, do I keep trying to apply for private schools until I eventually get one (again, I am in the priviledged position where my parents can support me financially until the right job comes up). My current school has real behavioural issues, and I know all schools are not like that but I am not enjoying going to work. I love being a teacher and am worried that remaining at the school will put me off teaching, therefore I have made the decision to hand in my notice at Easter regardless of future employment. I know this is a risk, however it is something I really want and my heart isn't in mainstream school education anymore. The interview at the private school proved to me where I want to teach. Thank you for taking the time to read my lengthy post!