1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo The form sent and person spec headings do not match

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Flosspops, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Dear Theo, and all!
    I am a little confused as I have an application form for a job (LEA standard with specific areas on) the person specification sent from the school has slightly different headings. This makes it tricky to arrange in the form. The school have combined a section ; 'General & Special Knowledge' with 'Skills and Abilities; into one 'Professional Knowledge and Skills.' I see why they would do it but when looking at all of the other aspects of applying such as Executive Summary which I have prepared but just don't know where to put it or to attach it as a seperate sheet.
    Sorry if this is explained somewhere else I could be having a moment of not seeing for looking, as with my mobile often.
    Thank you for your help.
    Flosspops

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hope you've found your mobile now! It's the car keys that don't ring when you phone them that are tricky, I find . . .
    I guess that this is one of those forms that has little expandable boxes on it into which you are supposed to cut up and paste your application?
    What order are these all in? If you are lucky, then either 'General & Special Knowledge' or 'Skills and Abilities" is either the first or the last. In that case, put in that one (i.e. the one that is before or after all the others) your executive summary, and then put in the other one your response to 'Professional Knowledge and Skills.'.
    If these two are not handily at end of beginning,then put your executive summary into 'Skills and Abilities, and fill the other one with 'Professional Knowledge and Skills.
    Hope I have explained this so that it makes sense!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

3. Thank you! I can get cutting and sticking now, form is an A3 paper copy nso will have to cut and stick old fashioned way.
    Thank you for your help.
    Best Wishes
    Flosspops

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You can take it to some copyshops where they will do an A3 photocopy for you. Let us know how it goes.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com