1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: Thank you!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by KitMaff, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Out of three applications I got 2 interviews - Yes, the Executive Summary works [​IMG]
    I'm an NQT on a 2 term maternity cover and I went to my Head yesterday to request time off for the interviews (both single term contracts that would allow me to finish my NQT year). She came to me this morning and asked me to stay, saying that if I do they will pay me till the 31st August [​IMG] Which puts me in a good position for the September start jobs that are just peeping their shiny hopeful faces over the horizon.
    So thanks for your help Theo [​IMG] and yours too Lara (there's no emoticon for heterosexual girl crush, unfortunately)
    Kit x

2. Out of three applications I got 2 interviews - Yes, the Executive Summary works [​IMG]
    I'm an NQT on a 2 term maternity cover and I went to my Head yesterday to request time off for the interviews (both single term contracts that would allow me to finish my NQT year). She came to me this morning and asked me to stay, saying that if I do they will pay me till the 31st August [​IMG] Which puts me in a good position for the September start jobs that are just peeping their shiny hopeful faces over the horizon.
    So thanks for your help Theo [​IMG] and yours too Lara (there's no emoticon for heterosexual girl crush, unfortunately)
    Kit x

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Glad to hear about the interviews kitMaff and that's good news aboutyour current school. Do I understand correctly that they want you to stay for next year? Or is my cold 'befuddling the senses'?
    (ES IS a really good idea, though unfortunately it didn't work for me last week.)
    Add your name to the Interview reminders list and we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Happy to help, KitMaff, happy to help!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com

5. Lara, there are 2 jobs coming up for next year and I think I'm in a good position (my lesson got an outstanding from Ofsted and my class are making really good progress), but no... they haven't offered me a position for next year. Will apply when they advertise them. I've withdrawn from the interviews and will only be applying for September starts from now on. Good luck Lara xx