1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Teaching at Interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by maisey17, May 3, 2010.

1. Hi Theo,
    I have an interview where I have been asked to teach a 30 minute revision session for Year 11 on a particular topic. Should I focus on one aspect of the topic for the 30 minutes or try to cover as much as possible. It is a mixed ability class but 30 minutes is not a lot of time!
    Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that interview - i hope to be awarding you a sparkly star quite soon!
    Now, the aim here is for pupils to learn and make progress. Which would do this best?
    Have a look in the Interview Tips clickable inside the Welcome thread, where it says about what they are looking for in an interview lesson. Ofsted criteria basically.
    Try to see how you would address each of the main critreria, and that will show you which lesson will work best for you.
    You have to show off your skills in both teaching and relationships; don't waste a single minute of that half hour! If you have time, you could have a rehearsal of this lesson with one of your own teaching groups . . .
    Best wishes!

3. Where is this welcome thread please? The one with the tips?

Thank you

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter