1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - supporting statement query

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tavypilgrim, May 11, 2011.

1. tavypilgrim

tavypilgrim New commenter

I am currently applying for jobs in the same county as I live in, some within a commutable distance and some not. My questions are: 1)when applying for one where the possibility of commuting is debatable, should I mention that I would be more than happy to move in order to be closer to the school? 2) If I did how would I broach this in my application?

This may sound like a silly question but I am unsure as to whether the school would just assume this or not. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, I don't think that you need to mention moving or not. That is a personal choice, and the school will not normally bother about that.
    The exception is some Headship posts, where there is an obligation on occasion to live within a specified number of miles of the school.
    If so, it is in the Job details given to applicants.
    Make sure that you read all the advice in the Welcome thread.
    The benefit of an executive summary
    Dear Theo: Executive summary works- I have an interview
    taking Theo's Advice
    Best wishes!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!