1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, (Supply teaching limit rule)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by thegreenlantern, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Dear Theo,
    I noticed on one of your replied earlier last week that you said that the supply teaching rule of 16 months will be changed from september to 5 years so NQT's who graduated in 2010 need not worry about the rule effecting them.
    However I have been informed by some schools in London that this rule only applies to graduates of 2012, thus the rule will stil apply to those who graduated earlier than this.
    Can you please give some clarification on this??
    thank you

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Golly, I'm really sorry that i said that! It was the pressure of answering fast!
    What I meant to say was that I believed that this was so, but I hadn't been able to find a reference for this.
    This is my better answer, given on the Forum last week:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/580780/7498237.aspx#7498237
    There has not yet been any information that I have been able to find about whether or not this will be retrospective. Try asking on the NQTs forum, I'm just an applications guy, I am not an expert on this.
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes