1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: Success, two interviews...argh!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by squirlywhirly, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I am in complete shock! I'm leaving my current school at the end of next week due to 'failing' my first 2 NQT terms, yet today I've been called by 2 different independent schools for interviews this and next week...

Any tips on how to shine/not be nervous?? I've not had an interview since May last year, and I've had my confidence completely knocked by the experience in my current school, leaving me doubting my capabilities. Clearly I sound great on paper, (and I know I AM a good teacher, depsite these two unfortunate terms) so I need to make sure this comes across at interview/in my lesson!

squirlywhirly

2. I am in complete shock! I'm leaving my current school at the end of next week due to 'failing' my first 2 NQT terms, yet today I've been called by 2 different independent schools for interviews this and next week...

Any tips on how to shine/not be nervous?? I've not had an interview since May last year, and I've had my confidence completely knocked by the experience in my current school, leaving me doubting my capabilities. Clearly I sound great on paper, (and I know I AM a good teacher, depsite these two unfortunate terms) so I need to make sure this comes across at interview/in my lesson!

squirlywhirly

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that duo of interviews!
    Firstly read this:
    * * * * * Teaching a lesson at interview * * * * *
    And then go and open the Welcome thread at the top of the page, and read the Interview clockables in there.
    Good luck!
    Best wishes