1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Submitting E.S and Personal Statement quiry

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Moony, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

So the job I'm applying for has an online application system for submitting everything, and I've got a text box the use for my E.S. and personal/supporting statement. Clearly the formatting of work will be lost so i was thinking of doing the E.S. With the requirement being like a sub heading and the points for how i meet it being below:

Requirement

Shiney thing one
    Shiney thing two

Would that work?

Also I assume it's probably best to stick the E.S. and statement in the place they want it that to bolt it on to my CV?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It's obviously hard to say without seeing the forms (No - don't send them to me!), but your idea looks good. Even better if the requirement can be in bold each time, to give a clear structure to it.
    Probably, yes - but are you suggesting that you should be sending a separate CV? Surely you haven't been asked for one? Maintained schools in England & Wales should not ask for one, although other schools may, and there may be a CV section in a form.
    If you want more help with writing an executive summary, then we devote a whole hour to this on the Win That Teaching Job seminar - next one Feb 25th - see below.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

3. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

It's an Indy school so they can ask for a CV if they want I guess. Also the deadline if friday so whilst the 25th might be handy it's atad on the late side ;)

The box I have the the statement just seems like a straight up text entry box, so no room for formatting at all. I'm currently drafting out my supporting statement, need to really wow them with it though as I think my degree may or may not b a problem for me :(

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Dear Theo and co (again)...Indy's and quals/Uni's
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com