1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Student panel

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by bannoffee, Feb 1, 2016.

1. bannoffee

bannoffee New commenter

Dear Theo,

I'm applying for PGCE places, and have an upcoming interview with a School Direct provider. As well as the usual formal interview and mini-lesson, I also have an interview with a student panel.

Do you have any advice as to what to expect for this, as it's rather thrown me a bit (particularly as it's the first part of the interview day!).

Thank you!

2. splinters

splinters Established commenter

I have experienced a few of these. One was delivered by a group of articulate young people asking questions about how I could benefit their schooling...great.
    Another one was a farce asking me to tell a joke and 'if I were a biscuit, what would I be'...I withdrew from that interview process.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, really daft!

Daft Interview Questions

You can do a Search Forums - at top of each page, for "student panel" and "pupil panel" and get details from people who have gone through the same experience.

Have you seen the general Interview advice by the way? Tag me @TheoGriff if not, and I'll give you a link.

Best wishes

4. bannoffee

bannoffee New commenter

Thank you! I'm feeling much more prepared now. Yes, I've been reading (and re-reading!) all your wonderful advice - and indeed have already received an offer, so am completely convinced of your brilliance! :) Now just taking deep breaths - and trying to think of what kind of biscuit I would be...

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

(The missing thumbs-up emoticon)