1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - special school interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Juliet1982, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Dear Theo...
    I have an interview next week for a teaching post at a special school. I've been doing supply in special schools since giving up English teaching last summer, but this is the first time I've gone for a perm job in the sector, so looking for advice on what kind of questions I might be asked (and good answers!) and more specifically, what they would expect in a lesson plan (I have to write a lesson plan from their own SoW on the day), likely to be for a SLD/PMLD class? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh dear Juliet!
    I say this because you are not going to like my answer!
    Firstly - if you just look down three or four inches you will see a thread with almost the same title as yours . . .
    Secondly because:
    No, of course we are not going to give you any answers! The answers need to be your own, not ours.
    And don't come back at me and say "I thought this was a forum for helping people, I didn't expect that sort of reply" because yes, we do try to help and encourage, but No, we do not give you answers to interview questions.
    How daft would that be? You'd end up in a job that wasn't suitable for you if you gave our answers, not yours.
    And then as for
    I haven't the faintest idea what they would expect for this; but then I'm not applying for a job in a Special School.
    If I were, I'd like to think that I would know . . .[​IMG]
    Sorry!
    However general interview advice can be found in the interview clickables inside the Welcome thread, and a good book in general for preparing for interview lessons, especially planning, is this:
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com