1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - special measures

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by haggisrach, May 5, 2011.

1. If a school advertises a teaching vacancy suitable for NQTs and more experienced, gets lots of applicants. Ofsted visit. School writes to applicants saying they are reviewing the situation. Then advertises for an experienced teacher. Does this imply that they have been put on special measures?
    I am visiting tomorrow as I am not an NQT and would be interested in what people think.
    This has all happened in the space of 3 weeks so nothing is in public domain at present.

2. If a school advertises a teaching vacancy suitable for NQTs and more experienced, gets lots of applicants. Ofsted visit. School writes to applicants saying they are reviewing the situation. Then advertises for an experienced teacher. Does this imply that they have been put on special measures?
    I am visiting tomorrow as I am not an NQT and would be interested in what people think.
    This has all happened in the space of 3 weeks so nothing is in public domain at present.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Could mean there are now two posts and they only want one NQT. Or it could mean they are now in SM. Or it could mean that the applications from experienced teachers were perfect for them and they have decided to go that route.

Visit and ask.