1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- Showing Confidence at Interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kcoleman22, May 19, 2011.

1. Dear Theo,
    I am about to go on my sixth interview for a primary post tommorow and am desperate to get the job. Previous feedback from many of my interviews have said that I don't show enough confidence in the spoken part of the interview to back up my lesson. Have you any tips on how confidence can be shown at interview? I am naturally a quiet person around new people except for when I get in front of a class of children.
    Thanks in advance!
    KColeman22

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Confidence comes from knowing that you are well prepared. You should also feel confident because, unlike many people, you are getting interviews. You clearly have a lot to offer schools and their pupils.
    Use the Interview Tips in the Welcome thread, many people find that these give them confidence. Be prepared by having your Key points that you can drop into the answers to show them how special you are.
    When you get the job, start a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!