1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- should I mention how i could use my international school contacts

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Curae, May 4, 2012.

1. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

Hi,
    I am applying to a very high achieving Catholic state school with strong international links.
    I myself have very strong connections with two international schools in Spain (eg my cousin is director of studies at one of these institutions.
    I have been told by my teacher friends to include this fact in my letter of application. My husband thinks it is a good idea but also thinks it could be deemed unprofessional unless stated very carefully -( I would not mention my family connection)
    I really would like to establish links with these schools and my potential future school eg setting up international Math challenges and or student exchanges/cultural visits especially as this is part of the school's international ethos.
    Q - Do you think I should briefly write/mention my ideas on establishing such links as something I could offer ?
    Please advise

2. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

Hi,
    I am applying to a very high achieving Catholic state school with strong international links.
    I myself have very strong connections with two international schools in Spain (eg my cousin is director of studies at one of these institutions.
    I have been told by my teacher friends to include this fact in my letter of application. My husband thinks it is a good idea but also thinks it could be deemed unprofessional unless stated very carefully -( I would not mention my family connection)
    I really would like to establish links with these schools and my potential future school eg setting up international Math challenges and or student exchanges/cultural visits especially as this is part of the school's international ethos.
    Q - Do you think I should briefly write/mention my ideas on establishing such links as something I could offer ?
    Please advise

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Include, briefly, a reference to a professional link that could be of use to the school that you are applying for, but do NOT include anything personal. Your husband has the right idea there!
    Best wishes

4. Curae

Curae Lead commenter

Thanks Theo for your prompt response. I will now complete yet another application form aswell as enjoying the long weekend.
    Enjoy your holiday
    Cristina

5. Can i be nosy and ask which school?! PM me if you get a second.