1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...several questions

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by woods7, Jan 26, 2012.

1. 1) I have been asked to fill in an application form which contains the personal statement. Will the covering letter go in the 'body' of the email or separately? (It does not request anything but the application form)

2) I have read about your executive summary. Would you still recommend doing this as an NQT? How formal should this be? And would you include all the points in the job spec? Again, should this be attached separately or with the above?

3) One of the specs is knowledge of PNS and NC. Obviously, these are changing should I discuss my (limited) knowledge of the new NC and stress that, as I am still in training, my training provider should help keep me up to date on this? Or just go with used both on several placements.

4) On the application form there are sections for 'previous teaching posts' (I have put these as my teaching practices) and 'previous employments' (other than teaching, including volunteering) I have put part time jobs as well as other school experiences eg work exp in a special needs school, teaching swimming etc. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Grr - Google chrome or whatever - no paragraphs unless you put them in by using
    But thanks for numbers.
    Now actually as I am just on the way to bed, I am not going to answer all thses as the answers can be found on here with a slight bit of effort on your part.
    :)
    Q1 Read the interview clickables
    Q2 Yes
    Q2a Read the interview clickables and threads such as Dear Theo - they don't have enough of my subject so is there any point?
    Q3 Second one
    Q4 Usually at this stage you put in your TP schools, but making it very sure that it is clear that these are TP but not employment.
    The others are NOT teaching, so you are right to put them in the other section.
    Off you go and look them up now!
    :)
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com