1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, Seeking FE Job, need help

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tlas, Aug 7, 2015.

1. tlas

tlas New commenter

Dear Theo,

I was hoping someone might be able to offer some advice. I have just completed my PGCE (post compulsory) 16+ qualification and completed my placement within an art and design department. I also have a degree in the arts. I have been searching for months for work within this area and have even widend my search to further than I had anticipatetd, but still unfortunately cannot find a suitable position.

I have contacted many angencies, sent CV's and personal statements to every possible college and sixth form, but still no luck. I have even applied for TA positions but nothing suitable has come up. Does anyone know if I'm missing something out? I look online at every possible website at least once a day and I am really keen to find a teaching position before the start of the academic year. I fear that this is now highly unlikely, but would like to leave no stone unturned.

Any advice would be most welcomed, thank you.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Double posting . . .