1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, sample deputy head interview questions please?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by badelf, Apr 22, 2009.

1. badelf

badelf New commenter

Dear Theo, I am sure there is a link somewhere on this site to some useful deputy head sample interview questions, but try as I might, and trawl after trawl I have failed to find them! As I have been lucky enough to be shortlisted for interview for a deputy head's position, i ouwld really like to brush up my answers. I have recently sat on the other side of the interview table during my current school's interview process for deputy head, so I have hopefully gained alot of valuable experience of what to say and what NOT to say, but would really appreciate a few more pointers!
    many thanks

2. badelf

badelf New commenter

Thanks for your reply, and yes, I am aware that a lot is two words, as am I aware that would is spelt thus not ouwld as I also mistyped! [​IMG]
    Just to let you know that I didn't get that job, but gained lots of experience from interview. I got very positive feedback from the interview, and so applied for another post the following year - this time sucessfully. I have been in post as deputy for nearly a year now and in hindsight - the first job was not for me!
    thanks for your help

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

But it is such a common mistake and most times it not a typo . . .
    Glad to hear the good news - now have a great Easter holiday.

By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!