1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Resignation letter

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by chrisfenton7, Oct 1, 2015.

1. chrisfenton7

chrisfenton7 New commenter

Hi Theo,

I need to pen my resignation letter and not sure where to start (This is my first school move). I had come on to look for the excellent advice pages in the jobseekers section but can not find them?!

Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    C

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

How desperate is this?

I say this because the resignation date is 31 October, ages away yet, and unfortunately the techie wizards haven't yet finished transferring all my advice blogs over to nu-TES.

So if you could hang on for another few days, all will be revealed!

3. chrisfenton7

Hi Theo,

Thanks for your reply. I got my new job a week ago on Wednesday and wanted to hand my resignation in tomorrow as I have now sent off my acceptance. Want to give my current school as much time to get a replacement as fast as possible as due to our current situation (SM) it could be difficult.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

OK, I'll do another one for you then. Something along these lines. You may wish to jiggle it a bit, but you do need to say something nice . . .

Dear X

I am writing to confirm that I am resigning from my post of teacher of X at Y school with effect from 1st January 2016. My last day of employment will thus be 31 December 2015, and my last day of presence (put in date of last day of term).

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, SLT, and all my colleagues for the support and encouragement that i have received from them over the years. I have enjoyed the opportunities for personal and professional development that have been available to me, and am grateful that this has made it possible for me to advance my career with this new post.

You may be assured that my contribution to the academic and personal development of all my pupils will continue until the very end of term. I have always wished them to do well, and I give my best wishes to everyone at X School for the future.

Yours sincerely

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

6. chrisfenton7

Thanks for that Theo!

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

(The missing Thumbs-up emoticon)