1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - reason for leaving?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Feb 21, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It`s a pity you can't remember, because whatever it was was pretty good as it got you two more jobs with no queries!

The two most common reasons given are Professional advancement and Personal~relocation. But I don't think either applies here.

Having wracked my brains over this (because you can't lie on an application), my best suggestion is simply Personal, or alternatively To complete my induction in another school.

Unless you can remember what you wrote last time!

NOTE TO OTHER POSTERS: You should have a lever-arch file in which you store all job applications together with the full job details for each. Unsuccessful ones you can ditch after 3 months (but keep them electronically on your computer). Successful ones keep for almost ever.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It`s a pity you can't remember, because whatever it was was pretty good as it got you two more jobs with no queries!

The two most common reasons given are Professional advancement and Personal~relocation. But I don't think either applies here.

Having wracked my brains over this (because you can't lie on an application), my best suggestion is simply Personal, or alternatively To complete my induction in another school.

Unless you can remember what you wrote last time!

NOTE TO OTHER POSTERS: You should have a lever-arch file in which you store all job applications together with the full job details for each. Unsuccessful ones you can ditch after 3 months (but keep them electronically on your computer). Successful ones keep for almost ever.

Posted from my Galaxy Tab.

3. Yes I've been pretty disorganised about keeping relevant information unfortunately [​IMG]
    I think because I'd submitted so many job applications in my first few years of teaching, I didn't anticipate that after a break I would forget all the details! Due to computer malfunction as well it's proving to be quite some task to gather everything together - and yes I'm definitely keeping a proper record of everything this time around!
    Thanks for the suggestions. I think what I put before was something like "Due to problems with relationships at the school, it was impossible for me to continue working there, and I left to complete my induction year in a different school."
    I like your suggestion of to complete my induction in another school better though, that sums it up really.
    I did manage to get two more jobs - the first took me four months and a huge number of applications, and was got through luck really - the second was much easier and was my first application when I chose to move. So if you've been in the position of having to leave a job it's not necessarily the end of the world.