1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- Reason for leaving-help!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by taraok, Feb 23, 2012.

1. taraok

taraok New commenter

I am not sure how to word my reason for leaving my previous post. I do not want the school I am applying to to think that I am not 100% commited to me job. My reason for leaving was basically that I wanted to take some time out doing supply, so that my evenings and weekends were free to spend with my young children without me having a tonne of marking to do or worrying about what I was teaching the next day! I was also at that school for 9 years and desperately needed a change. I have done supply for over a year now, have learned so much and it was totally the right decision but how do I word it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions! xxx

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just say something along the lines of Needed more time at that point to care for family.
    And read these two:
    Dear Theo- work history too bitty and too much supply- help!
    Application form help needed!!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar at 2pm on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com