1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Re: Summary of main duties

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by gdev1981, Apr 21, 2011.

1. I am filling out application forms and don't know how much detail to put in this section. If I put:
    Year 2 Class Teacher & ICT Coordinator
    Is that enough?
    If not, how much detail should I put? Should I tell them that I am responsible for taking the Attendance Register and teaching a varied and detailed curriculum?

Thanks in Advance,
    G

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes
    Good gracious no!
    If you put that, you´ll also have to list every other single thing on a Teacher´s List of Duties!
    They´ll understand that you do that.
    Now: have you looked in the welcome thread and opened the shortlisting clickables? Or if you are feeling really unsure about how to set about writing a stunning application, perhaps you should be signing up for 14 May!
    Best wishes to you!
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. Thanks for the reply!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Thank you for thanking me!
    I sometimes feel that posters ask a question, and I - and above all other posters - go to the trouble of responding, yet get nothing to show that the Original Poster has even seen our efforts, yet alone appreciates them!
    Hope it goes well for you.

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!