1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - quoting placement tutors, also PGCE flex mod.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by escapeintoabook, Jun 6, 2012.

1. No idea about your question on quoting however in my experience you don't need to make a big point of how long you took to do your pgce. My pgce was a 1 year course but for personal reasons I had to take a year out part way through. I just put the correct start and end dates on application forms and I was never asked about it once in any interviews, despite fretting about it unecessarily. So I'd just put on your application form whatever the full title of your pgce is on your certificate and the dates and not worry about it. Hope that helps :)

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, just put down that it was flex mode - but in response to the other poster, you weren't asked at interview - but in some cases a decision might be made not to interview you, because they thought you were failing your PGCE placements, and that's why it took so long.
    So always explain away anything slightly out of the ordinary, to stop them putting the worst possible interpretation on it.
    As for the quotes, no, make it indirect speech. My placement report noted that I set high expectations for pupil work.
    Best wishes