1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo "Are you a firm candidate?" question

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Apr 27, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You are really lucky in the timing here.
    Two interviews, the second your favoured one, but the first one not announcing its decision until Friday evening!
    If they ask you on Thursday "Are you a firm candidate for this post", or "If offered this job, would you accept it?", then you can in all honestly say "Yes".
    Because at that moment, you are.
    You might not be by Friday afternoon, but on Thursday, you are.
    Best wishes!

2. Catan07

Catan07 New commenter

I am just worried that my head could say "no you aren't!" as he knows I want to move to the area the other school is in!
    Thanks- it isn't a legally binding decision anyway is it?

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It is if you say 'Yes' if they offer you the post.

4. When asked that question, maybe just briefly explain why you would like to wait until the next day before deciding - this is what your Head knows and is expecting after all. I'd avoid saying the word "yes" on Thursday just in case, as MM says.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, I think that you've misunderstood MM, RowntreeGirl.
    What she is saying is that it is a legally binding contract if they ACTUALLY OFFER YOU THE JOB and then you say "Yes".
    Best wishes!