1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo.. questions about Wolverhampton Council application

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Kayleigh2907, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Hello, I'm filling out an application and am confused by two sections:
    relevant courses attended in the last three years

further information in support of your application (please address any specific issues, questions or tasks outlined in the application pack)

am i right in assuming that i should write my supporting statement in 'relevant courses' and leave the other part, as I have been given no task as part of the application???

confused...

Any help would be great thank you

2. Hello, I'm filling out an application and am confused by two sections:
    relevant courses attended in the last three years

further information in support of your application (please address any specific issues, questions or tasks outlined in the application pack)

am i right in assuming that i should write my supporting statement in 'relevant courses' and leave the other part, as I have been given no task as part of the application???

confused...

Any help would be great thank you

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, the section is for putting down detauls of any Inset courses that you have done. As a NQT you have done none, except possibly a Safeguarding or Child Protection one.
    No, absolutely not! Here is where you are supposed to show how you meet their requirements. The best thing, if there is a whole page, is to put your executive summary in here, and then have your supporting statement as a letter of application.
    It is all very confusing the first time round - I reckon that you could do with signing up for the Job Application seminar on 14 May, just before the Big Rush of jobs in early June!
    Best wishes
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. I'm glad I asked! Thank you very much :)

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Happy to help.
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!