1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Qualified Teacher Status

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by butterfly1206, Feb 11, 2012.

1. butterfly1206

butterfly1206 New commenter

Dear Theo,
    On all of the job specifications I have looked at to date, under the 'qualifications' section, it mentions Qualified Teacher Status. However, I am a PGCE student and will not qualify until the end of June 2012 and I was wondering how to mention this in my personal statement/executive summary and if I should be highlighting this fact?
    Regards,
    Butterfly1206

2. butterfly1206

Dear Theo,
    On all of the job specifications I have looked at to date, under the 'qualifications' section, it mentions Qualified Teacher Status. However, I am a PGCE student and will not qualify until the end of June 2012 and I was wondering how to mention this in my personal statement/executive summary and if I should be highlighting this fact?
    Regards,
    Butterfly1206

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, don't bother to highlight this or make a big thing of it. they will know that you will have it before you start. I would just ignore it.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com

4. butterfly1206

Thank you Theo [​IMG]
    Just another quick question, how can I demonstrate a) that I am commited to further professional development and b) that I have a creative and dynamic teaching approach?
    Regards,
    Butterfly1206

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Tip for next time: Not a good idea to put a second question in same thread, I might not re-open. Best to start another thread next time.
    If you are still doing your PGCE, you'll just have to leave this out. Otherwise you just mention what CPD you've done. Not specifically, no details or titles, just a general statement.
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/552599.aspx
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com