1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- QTS certificate number?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon3407, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Hi Theo (and others) was wondering if you could help me.

I'm in the process of filling out some job applications and am on the last equal opportunities form of 6! One of the questions is 'please give QTS certificate number'. Now what is my certificate number? Is it the same thing as my Teacher Ref Number or something different? I can't find a certificate number anywhere on any transcripts or letters from uni or from the GTC.

Thanks.

2. Hi Theo (and others) was wondering if you could help me.

I'm in the process of filling out some job applications and am on the last equal opportunities form of 6! One of the questions is 'please give QTS certificate number'. Now what is my certificate number? Is it the same thing as my Teacher Ref Number or something different? I can't find a certificate number anywhere on any transcripts or letters from uni or from the GTC.

Thanks.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

My guess is that they mean "QTS certification" not certificate. I.e., wjhat proves that you have QTS.
    I should give your teacher ref number. There is a 100% chance that they will not check the number anyway, so as long as you have some number there that actually proved you are a real live living teacher, that would be fine in my view.
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. OK thanks I'll pop my teacher ref number in that box then. I guess if they need anything else to check I am a bonafide teachery person with QTS they can just check with the uni and look at my billion bits of paper!