1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dear theo- proffesional development BLANK after having 2 children

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ROLLING, May 16, 2011.

1. please help i am applying for a 0.44 job and the application form wants me to:
    Please list recent courses and professional development in which you have been involved in the past 3 years and which you consider relevant to this post (eg teaching courses, First Aid, ICT etc), stating length of courses. Please continue on a separate sheet if necessary.

however, i took maternity leave in 2006 and had my first son in august 2006..returned to odd day teaching in 2008, had my second son october 2009. i donot have any proper professioanl development since 2005 and that was whiteboard work. i have kept uptodate on changes on standards site etc and have read all the publications...what should i put in the space!
    i have done some e learning and have been on some parent courses but thats it¬ please help

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

What you haven't done, you cannot fill in!
    Just out in N/A.
    It's clear that while you are out of service, you cannot have done In-Service Training, as it used to be called.
    Make sure that you open the Welcome thread and read the clickables inside to help you write a super application.
    Best wishes to you and the boys!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, although Julia is thinking of organising some more.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just PUT in, PUT in.

I
    appreciate.

The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, although Julia is thinking of organising some more.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

4. thank you
    i have completed a few elearning things but doubt they will be classes as anything.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Don't worry!

It is perfectly obvious that this will be the situation of anyone who has been out of teaching. No problem.
    Best wishes

I
    appreciate.