1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo .... Problem solving!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kym131218, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Hi Theo, I have been shortlisted for a job there were 120 applicants and i got down to the last 6 which is great!!!! I really want this job but I am so nervous. I have to teach a 25 min lesson on a problem solving activity. However imam finding it hard to think of an activity which is practical, engaging and well differentiated. There are also two chn with reading problems and they are a mixed Year 5/6 class. Please do you have any simple ideas?
    Thanks
    Kym

2. Hi Kym
    Congratulations on the interview! Just to let you know, Theo won't give advice on interview lessons as they need to be "your own". I'm sure you will be able to think of something good [​IMG]
    Good luck,
    sparkly

3. Thank you for letting me know!I am new to this. I will come up with something.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent! Really well done!
    Yes, it is best not to ask for advice - the school expects you to be able to do this yourself. If you ask and get advice on here, another candidate could see it too - recently a Head said she had 6 candidates and 4, FOUR, of them used a lesson from the Primary Forum on here. She recognised it, but even if she hadn't, the fact that they all did the same thing would have given the game away . . .
    Do read the advice clickables inside the Welcome thread to get the best advice on interview preparation.
    Best of luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me in on Saturday 2 April.
    www.tesweekendworkshop19.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!