1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - priorities of the post

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Goaliesash, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Goaliesash

Goaliesash New commenter

Dear Theo,
    Trying to write a supporting statement at the moment, and looking at your very helpful advice in the FAQs.
    The priorities of your post
    What you think the post is about, based on the clues that they give you. What do they need you to do? How would you fulfil this? This is your chance to show them that they need you
    For an independent school, would it be too corny to say that you believe the priority of the post to be not only the ability to do an excellent job (which I demonstrated in an earlier paragraph) but also something along the lines of fitting in with the community and belonging to the "school family". Or is that not a great idea and should I actually try and pick out something more directly related to the job spec?! But then what if I'm really not sure what the priority of the post is? Is it better to guess and get it wrong or not to guess at all!
    <font face="Arial" size="2">Many thanks,</font>
    <font face="Arial" size="2">Sasha</font>

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You have browsed around on the Independent Forum, haven't you? There's some great reading there.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars