1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- Posh paper?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by pottyparrot, Mar 13, 2012.

1. A head teacher told us at Uni to always use posh paper on applications, so I bought some champagne\cream coloured paper. Obviously I know just buying good paper won't get me any jobs, but I just wanted to check that it isn't affecting head teachers looking at my application. do you think this is a good idea for making your application stand out?

2. A head teacher told us at Uni to always use posh paper on applications, so I bought some champagne\cream coloured paper. Obviously I know just buying good paper won't get me any jobs, but I just wanted to check that it isn't affecting head teachers looking at my application. do you think this is a good idea for making your application stand out?

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

I've always used 'nice' paper. I think its fine and can even be quite good as long as it doesn't stand out for the wrong reasons (like rainbow paper - I have seen it done!) x

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Heavyweight ivory might slightly but only slightly sway someone in a small school. But most schools the Head doesn't see the actual application, only a photocopy . . . on their paper!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It's what you've written, not what it's printed on.
    The Bible printed on recycled, flimsy paper beats Mein Kampf printed on parchment any day of the week.