1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: Pimp your lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by balloon_parade, May 19, 2012.

1. Good morning!
    I have a nursery teacher interview coming up (thanks to yourself and the excellent advice of the forum!) and I have a 20 minute phonic lesson to teach- is it worth getting the Pimp your lesson for the EYFS curriculum? Is it full of general good practice?
    I will be following all the interveiw advice- planned mock interview with a friend (who is also a deputy head), annotated mine and their personal spec and I am off out to buy a suit today! It's my first interview so trying not to get my hopes up too much and looking at it as a fab experience either way but I may as well try my best at the same time! If I got to the last 4, what's stopping me getting to the final 1?
    Hope you can help!
    Hannah.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Absolutely!
    I think PYL has general good practice and it's especially good for lesson planning. But more primary focus in this one:
    [​IMG]
    If you go to Amazon you can browse both of them to see what you think.
    Good luck!
    Best wishes