1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - 'personal' person specification elements

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by AceCake, May 9, 2012.

1. I keep noticing lots of personal qualities on person specs such as 'Enthusiastic', 'Calm', 'Caring', 'Motivated', 'Organised' in a long list. I know I am these things but I am finding it impossible to give examples. So far I have been referencing these in my letter of statement and in passing in other examples. I have not been explicitly referencing them using bullet points like other person specs. Is this correct?

2. I keep noticing lots of personal qualities on person specs such as 'Enthusiastic', 'Calm', 'Caring', 'Motivated', 'Organised' in a long list. I know I am these things but I am finding it impossible to give examples. So far I have been referencing these in my letter of statement and in passing in other examples. I have not been explicitly referencing them using bullet points like other person specs. Is this correct?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You haven't mentioned "Sense of humour"!
    My view is that many of these personal qualities are impossible to evidence in your executive summary (you ARE doing one, aren't you?). Organised you should be able to manage, I would have thought, but just leave the very personal things out.
    Just in case you aren't quite up to speed with today's JobSeeking scene, here's a link to a thread that sets it all out for you:
    Application
    There is another one - possibly the last - of the seminars this Saturday. If you can make it to London, well worth your while. Just look what this poster has just said:
    Dear Theo - I got the job! (Plus evidence of why going to the TES seminar is a good idea)
    Best wishes.

4. Thanks very much!

I wish I could get to the seminar but I cant afford to travel from Sunderland/course costs. I am hoping to go to one when I have the money!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, bit far to walk! Although last weekend we had 3 people from N Yorks. I don't think they came on foot, though . . .
    Best wishes.