1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - PDF File application forms

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Feb 23, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good gracious gracious me!
    Goodness goodness goodness gracious me!
    You have to PAY to apply?
    Here are some things other posters have said:
    Try those before shelling out the money . . . because certainly a w-p form looks so much neater.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar at 2pm on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

2. Thanks Theo, will have a play with the form and the links.

3. Inefficiency yet again not to mention the waste of resources printing and then photocopying application forms for all members of the shortlisting panel. When will some schools move into the 21st century?

4. Have you tried contacting the LA direct, or looking on the schools section of their jobs website in case other schools are using an editable version of the same form?
    If the content of the form is the same then you may find it saves you a lot of bother.