1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - part-time NQT????

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by haywire, May 16, 2011.

1. haywire

haywire New commenter

I am looking for a part-time NQT position (I already have a jobshare partner). I get the feeling that most heads are reluctant to employ NQTs on a part time basis. Why is this? We are both mature and have lots of other skills to bring to teaching....

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, I can give no advice on this as I have not come across this myself.
    As a general rule, of course, p-timers involve a little more effort from the school leaders to accommodate you. This despite the fact that everyone knows that 2 part-timers = more than 1 FT person, because you both put in such a lot more.
    Just ensure that you spell out clearly the advantages for the school of having, half way through the week, someone who is fresh as a Monday daisy!
    Good luck!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, although Julia is thinking of organising some more.

A new SLT seminar is available now on 22 May <u>www.tesweekendworkshop32.eventbrite.com</u>, and another is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!