1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - or anyone - phone calls after interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sarah_26, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi

I had an interview today and am still waiting for the call.
    Should I give up, thinking they've probably given it to someone else.

Whats the latest anyones received a good phone call after interview.
    Feeling fed up
    Sarah x

2. Hi

I had an interview today and am still waiting for the call.
    Should I give up, thinking they've probably given it to someone else.

Whats the latest anyones received a good phone call after interview.
    Feeling fed up
    Sarah x

3. haywire

haywire New commenter

I had a call at 9.30 once! Did they give a time? In fact once they phoned to say they hadn't decided yet and would ring in a day or two!

4. they said they'd call later that, was at half 2 but everything this school has done so far has been interesting. only got the call for interview at 4pm Friday???

Just getting more and more disheartened sitting here.

5. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I was offered a job the NEXT evening at 6pm last week! They called the previous night to say they were having internet issues which was delaying references and to expect a call the next evening but I was convinced that it had gone to somebody else. It hadnt!

6. I wish I had asked more questions about their actual interview process as the closing date was a month ago and they had already held interviews before calling me... they had a few positions and today they only had one and looking at the sign in sheet when i left i had been the only person interviewed today. Really confused and just want to know now so I can either celebrate or get working on the next application.
    Congratulations on your job by the way x

7. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I am still waiting for a reply from an interview a week ago. They said not to expect a call imminently as they had to think it through but that they would definitely let me know either way. They know I'm waiting to hear from them before I apply anywhere else... wish they'd get on with it.

8. A WEEK!!!! I don't think I could stand to wait that long. I'm a nervous wreck waiting a few hours.
    Good Luck xx

9. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

My latest was about 9.30-9.45 sort of time.

But once it was an email about 3 days later. I did know it would be a few days, but...

10. did they offer you the post as this time?

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Nail biting time . . . .

[​IMG]

12. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

No, neither of them actually. But don't take that as being you won't be.

13. thanks for that pic Theo its helped no end... :p

14. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It's hard for you I know.

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

15. indeed,,,, is there any chance this late on that I will be successful?

16. Kartoshka

No news is good news, surely. It's not over until the fat lady sings!

17. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Really bad isn't it-like when they don't respond to your application unless they want to interview you. Bad manners-how much time/money would a phonecall cost? Or email!

18. Well its now 20 past 10.

I've checked the letter again and it says candidates will be notified by phone at the end of the day and then by letter.

Not very happy. Even if they hadn't made a decision they could phone and say they need more time.

If I receive a letter saying sorry but no thanks and no phone call I'm going to be really angry.

19. There are two ways of looking at this
    The probability is they haven't been able to contact the successful candidate yet.
    There is also the possibility that the decision has not yet been made.

The number of letters I have read from schools and they have not kept entirely to what is written!

Either way I would relax - switch off - go to bed. you have had a stressful day as it is. If no news tomorrow contact them

20. Kartoshka

Have you heard yet, Sarah? I received a letter in the end telling me exactly that, which did make me really angry.