1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo or anyone! help needed with application form

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by catherine_ann, Mar 4, 2012.

1. catherine_ann

catherine_ann Occasional commenter

Q1. Personally I would type the application and then print it and sign before posting. Or type your name in the box where you should sign. Or if sending electronically just print name - I have been asked to sign the application at interview.

Q2. Either put the exec. summary there or expand on any skills / experience that won't fit into the letter

Q3. I would put your university here, leaving salary blank.

Hope this helps, all the best.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Good going, Catherine Ann! (I shall soon be promoting you to the next table, you just need to learn about capital letters [​IMG])
    Yes, her answers should help you with your problems. We understand that doing job applications is very stressful, so we try to help and support on here.
    Q1 It does look better for the form to be typed not hand written, and if you send it by post,there's no problem with printing and then signing.
    Q2 The executive summary works beautifully in a space on a form.
    Q3 Put PGCE, not your uni, in case they think that you are a lecturer [​IMG] and then N/A for salary.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com