1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo (or anyone else who might help?!) Is pdf ok?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by zimon, May 2, 2011.

1. Dear Theo
    I'm a GTP and applyng for jobs. I'm about to email one off (CV, letter of application, summary form) and want all my formatting to stay the same, so have saved them all as pdfs. Is this an acceptable file type for an application? Or do schools prefer word documents?

Thanks

Zimon

2. Dear Theo
    I'm a GTP and applyng for jobs. I'm about to email one off (CV, letter of application, summary form) and want all my formatting to stay the same, so have saved them all as pdfs. Is this an acceptable file type for an application? Or do schools prefer word documents?

Thanks

Zimon

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Mine would absolutely prefer word. But that doesn't mean all would.

I assume with a CV and letter you are applying to a private school, so they might easily be different, some still want handwritten!

Do you have enough time until the closing date to ask them? Or mention in the covering email that you can send the documents by word if it is easier.