1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo (or anyone else that can offer advice)

Discussion in 'Independent' started by workaholic1985, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I am currently working in an independent school, on pay scale 5.

I know its a long way off but i do tend to think ahead!

Do independent schools allow you to cross the threshold? If so do they follow the same application process as the state school?

Does you performace management targets form the basis of your application? As mine as a little woolly, e.g. to keep class room tidy!

And one last question If i go onto M6 in September 2011 when can i put my application in for the threshold?

Many Thanks

Happy New Year

2. I am currently working in an independent school, on pay scale 5.

I know its a long way off but i do tend to think ahead!

Do independent schools allow you to cross the threshold? If so do they follow the same application process as the state school?

Does you performace management targets form the basis of your application? As mine as a little woolly, e.g. to keep class room tidy!

And one last question If i go onto M6 in September 2011 when can i put my application in for the threshold?

Many Thanks

Happy New Year

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

Each independent school is different.
    The only people who would really know are your head and the bursar. Arrange a meeting with either and find out.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The whole point about independent schools is that they are independent. They do their own thing.
    Each school (or group of schools for those that are in a group) will have their own systems for paying you.
    Open up the Welcome thread here, and then look at two clickables - the FAQs and the How much will I get paid.
    That should give you some basic information. then follow Karvol's advice and go and see the Bursar or Business Manager at your school.
    Happy New Year!

I shall be contributing to the Seminars on Saturday 8th January. TheoGriff Job Seminar
    Look forward to seeing you!