1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo or anyone else - January jobs

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by littlemissraw, Jul 4, 2011.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

October half term? x

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

There won't be many.
    Some staff will be retiring then, some may have got Jan start jobs already, there may be some materntities. Staff may resign for the 31 October deadline (which is first week of term in indy schools, so there may be some earlier there).
    You may see a little flurry end of September and then another lot early November. But don't hold out hopes for too many.
    Best wishes!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

3. God... Its just so hard to stay upbeat when it's all just so depressing. Thanks for your responses.

4. God, have you really given up? What's your subject/age-range? This made my eyes fill up. I thought I still had a fighting chance of bagging something for Sep. Hope I do and you do, too. xx

5. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Just to quickly balance the negativity - it only takes one to say yes! [​IMG] x

6. I'm sorry for being so negative! It's made me feel so sad to read other people's downbeat posts and I swore to myself I wouldn't do it. Just one panicky moment's lapse. It can just get a bit scary and overwhelming sometimes...

My subject is DT 11-19 and I had given up a bit, after a full week with no new jobs to apply for... But on a more positive note, I got a call this morning for another interview on Friday! So fingers crossed for me and I'm sure we WILL both get jobs for September! Woo!

Oh and thanks Badger girl! x

7. littlemissraw

What region are you in? I'm D&T too and am thinking of giving up. One post came on this week, don't think I have a shot but going for it anyway. Better to try and fail than not try at all... Ahh well TES awards tomorrow, may be good to end my short lived career with a celebration rather than limping out, lol.
    Good luck for Friday! xx

8. I'm in the South West, little miss... was a bit premature to think of giving up though... Got an interview tomorrow and just found I have another on Monday... so fingers crossed. Best of luck with your application! And TES awards! What's that all about then? :)

9. littlemissraw

Two! Well done, its like buses... none then all at once. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    TES hold awards annually and invites top resource contributers to come, is it sad I'm so excited?! lol.
    Let us know how you get on x

10. Would you believe it, Little Miss Raw? I got the job! I can't believe it myself... If I can get one, then I'm certain that you can too, especially as you're clearly a resource superstar! Have fun at the awards and best of luck with your job hunt! x

11. littlemissraw

Agggghhhh how fabulous!!! :) that's wonderful news. TES awards were fab, had a lovely day. If this is the end of my teaching road then glad I have the honour of being invited.
    Have a wonderful weekend celebrating, you deserve it xx