1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, or anyone else (!) An unseen topic for an interview presentation

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sharon75, May 6, 2011.

1. I have an interview next week! Yay!!
    I have to teach a 20 min session (which I feel confident, not cocky, 'just' confident). I will have to plan a lesson whilst I am there, which is also ok. Obviously there wil be an interview with a panel - I'm not worried about this either.
    However I have to do a 5 min presentation, topic to be advised on the day. How do I effectively prepare for this? My speaking skills are good - but when I do a presentation I usually need a couple of days in order to feel confident delivering it........

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done Both for getting the interview andfor generally feeling confident. You don't say anything about the post ( Secondary Head? Reception teacher?) so it's a tad tricky to give advice. But think of relevant curriculum issues beforehand, and on the day make the presentation structured with intro, main part and conclusion. Good luck!