1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo or anyone - additional "spare time" work?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by helenemdee, Jan 3, 2011.

1. helenemdee

helenemdee New commenter

Hi,
    I'm an NQT who started my first job in September. For various reasons it didn't work out and I left before the end of term, which means I will start my NQT year again. I didn't manage to secure a new job for the new term and so at the moment, I'm at a bit of a loose end job-wise. I have given my details to various supply agencies and have had one interview and awaiting a CRB check, got another interview with another agency scheduled on Thursday and waiting to hear back from others. I'm a bit worried about the apparent lack of supply available and wonder if anyone could give me any information about possible other education-related work that I could becme involved in? I'm already planning to make myself available for non-teaching supply work (TAs etc) but have heard of things like marking exam papers? Wonder if anyone could give me some information about what I might need to do to find out more or get involved with that?
    Thanks in advance
    Helen x