1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo or anybody technical

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Apr 22, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Hi,
    Don't ask me why I'm doing an application now, but I am- well trying! It's not the ES or the letter I'm having trouble with, but the application form. First of all it seems to be 'locked', so my computer wont let me write in bold, etc - well anything really[​IMG]. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?
    Then, on the bit that asks for professional experience, I have filled up all the rows they give me. Usually I would insert another row below, but because it's locked I can't. Argghh[​IMG]!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Can't help you at all, I'm afraid.
    Unless there's another unlocked copy of the CES Form around somewhere on the Internet?
    Sorry, I'm useless today! [​IMG]
    Best wishes

3. welshchocoholic1

Tried this. Aso tried looking at another CES aplpicatio from some other schoools- also locked [​IMG]!
    Aww, your definitely NOT useles [​IMG]!
    As for me I AM useless, and am going to put myself in the bin along with the appliation!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

WELSHIE. . . Yes I <u>am</u> shouting so you hear me.
    Get yourself out of that [​IMG]
    Treat yourself to a large dose of
    [​IMG]
    (Notice I've included all varieties as don't know your preference.)
    Blow your nose and start again.
    No answers at present.I too have had problems with 'locked' applications and they're <u>very </u>annoying. they don't usually allow you to change the size of the font either, which would be one way round the problem! After I've put on my 'thinking cap' I'll see if I can come up with something 'creative'.

5. Lara mfl 05

Just downloaded a CES form and see what you mean about the rows under Professional experience. What about 'combining experiences'within the 3 line boxes? Just using space bar within the individual boxes doesn't seem to have a problem with length, other than you'll have to walk the dog when it shift to another page so all the info is on one page.

6. welshchocoholic1

Hehe - I love your bin Lara[​IMG]!
    Wh, why, why, why do they do this - ggrr [​IMG]?!! Stuid form, grumble, grumble etc.
    Too late. Too much to do. Too fed up. In a bad mood. Tried all you said in your post below too Lara. Nothing works. I'm going on strike (all on my own)! Humph, what a waste of time! I'm not filling in any more applications (Until the next time[​IMG]

7. Lara mfl 05

Sending you some sunshine from where I live.
    [​IMG]
    " Tried all you said in your post below too Lara. " All I can suggest then is to say 'can supply further details about other experience available if needed'?

8. If you pm me with an email address I can send you an old editable CES form. Just make sure you change the version number and date in the footers at the bottom of the page to match the one you download from the school.
    I think the current one is version 4 Oct 2011

9. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

See my PM :)

10. welshchocoholic1

Thankyou very much Supplyslave, and thank you Moony [​IMG]!