1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, Opinion on letter of application

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by f.a.b, May 30, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I have been doing supply since sep 2010, completed my PGCE in June 2010. Have applied for more than 10 jobs since and unfortunately not even an interview.

I am at the point now where I do not want to do supply for another year and so if i do not get a job for sep, I am considering leaving the teaching profession- I have no choice. Supply is too irregular.

I was hoping someone could take a look at my letter of application and give me some feedback please. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or adding too much info?

Would appreciate any help.

Many Thanks.

2. Thank you both so much for replying, I have seen the welcome post and wow some excellent advice.

I just feel very low and down when I put so much effort and don't even get an interview. Also, it's difficult when family and friends are not in the teaching profession and don't understand the procedures.

Thanks again.