1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo-Only two requirements, how should i do executive statement?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by maireadmairead, Feb 5, 2012.

1. maireadmairead

maireadmairead New commenter

Dear Theo,

The school I'm applying to has only two requirements for the job.

I was thinking I should look through their website and find other things they might find important but should I put these in the ES, and if so how should I phrase it? Should I still put "your requirements" at the top?

Making the ES with only two requirements seems very short

Thanks (again!)

Mairead

2. catherine_ann

catherine_ann Occasional commenter

Although not Theo, I'm sure he will be along later. I would still put your requirements at the top, and I would go on to point out all the things YOU have to offer the school. Make the executive summary unique and individual to you to show off your skills and talents and make the school see why they need to employ you. Or if you have applied to other schools using an e.s. then steal some of those ideas as a starting point. Hope this helps. Best of luck.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, start off with the specific things that they ask for.
    Then get a job or person spec from elsewhere. Either one you've already done, or one for a similar job. there are masses available on the TES website.
    But instead of putting in the LH column Your requirements, put something like An effective KS1/2 teacher and then in the RH column My experience
    Best of luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com