1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - on-line applications via HireWire

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by giraffelover, May 4, 2010.

1. Help! In the middle of an online application on this site, and pressed 'update' and the form was sent off - incomplete! AARGH! How do I reapply? or is it an omen that it's not meant to be?
  2. I recenlty applied for a school via hirewire. I thought there would be a section to then add the CV and covering letter which was also requested in addition to the application form but as I uploaded the application form there was no section then for the additonal materails. I contacted the school and explained. They said I could email through the additonal information and would put it with my pplication form. I am only hoping it will still be accepted.
    Fingers crossed.
  3. Melancholie

Melancholie New commenter

Poppy, I had a similar situation where it requested a letter of application in addition to the form but HireWire only allowed me to send the form. I e-mailed the letter and got an interview, so they clearly know it's a fault with the system and are sympathetic.
  4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

OK folks - I've e-mailed the TES team about this for you, and hopefully tomorrow they'll get back to you about it.
    Best wishes
  5. thanks for the help - the school have said reapply, but hire wire won't let me! still struggling with this one . . .[​IMG]
  6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Can't you print out what you have done so far on HireWire, complete it with a typed sheet, and fax them?
    (Sorry they haven't replied to you yet - I'll nag!)
  7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Here's their reply to my e-mail on your behalf.
    Dear Theo
    Thank you for your email highlighting the concerns of some TES HireWire users on the forum.
    When going through the online application form candidates are given the buttons Next and Previous allowing them to tab through the pages. Each page can then be saved as you work through it. When the application is ready you are given a submit button which once pressed, will send the application directly to the school. In the same way as an email, when submitted this cannot then be recalled and edited. If giraffelover contacts me directly I will be able to give an idea about how to reapply for the job.
    The other issues raised about the schools own application form is something that we are looking to address in our next update. I would recommend that candidates save the supporting letter onto the beginning or end of the application form, saving it all as one document. Some schools have been inserting a couple of extra pages onto the end of the application prompting candidates to input their covering letter here. The ability to upload more than one document is being investigated but is not something that we can make available in the near future.
    I hope this helps and if you or any of the other users would like to contact me then please do not hesitate to do so. My number is 020 3194 3194.
    Kind regards,
    Liz Newell
    Customer Support Advisor
  9. many, many thanks - i'll contact them tomorrow and chase it up. wish me luck![​IMG]