1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Offer Letter but no salary details

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by domino35, May 8, 2012.

1. Hi there,

I have received my formal offer letter but there is no mention of the salary on it. Should I ask them for confirmation or assume that I will just move up the payscale? I provided my current payscale on the application form prior to interview but I'm moving to a new borough.

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Is it an Academy or LA school, or even an Independent?

3. It's an LA school...

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If it's LA, it should be National Pay Scale, especially if you provided information about your current level on your application as teaching pay is non-negotiable, at least at present.

5. That's what I thought but I figured I should check. So you think I'm ok to accept and not mention the salary?

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that letter - which means a success as a job seeker!
    Have you read this:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    I suggest that you follow the advice there and include in your acceptance: I confirm that I accept the full-time permanent post of teacher in Greentrees School with effect from 1 September 2012, at a starting salary of M2.
    Or whatever the correct point is.
    Best wishes.

7. Thank you very much for your help - I have done as suggested.

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Including reading and obeying all the bossy advice that I give in that thread:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes