1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo-NUT rep

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by mary cahill, May 10, 2011.

1. Some headteachers appreciate the role of the NUT rep and the skills required to fulfil the role. Some hate anyone meddling with union affairs in their school.. When applying for a new post in a different school should the NUT rep role be celebrated and announced in the personl spec somewhere or should they keep quite?

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

If you are an NUT rep and looking for a post, I'd suggest mentioned the skills you have learned and used more than the actual union itself.

4I'd mention it just because, if you are the rep, it must be important to you. You do not want to end up at a school where the HT doesn't want to know. If the HT bins the application because of your strong union involvement, it wouldn't be a school you want to work in anyway.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

If you are an NUT rep and looking for a post, I'd suggest mentioned the skills you have learned and used more than the actual union itself.

4I'd mention it just because, if you are the rep, it must be important to you. You do not want to end up at a school where the HT doesn't want to know. If the HT bins the application because of your strong union involvement, it wouldn't be a school you want to work in anyway.

4. Good point minnieminx- thank you-I might also have to check my statement carefully if I write one as just noticed all the typos in my OP!

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL at least you only posted once! I got an error message to pressed back and did it again. Clearly wasn't actually an error at all!