1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, NQT pool question

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Jools1808, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Dear Theo, Secondly, can you advise me of what you think each question is specifically seeking in the response? I'd like to think it was obvious, but I don't want to take that for granted. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Kind regards, Jools

2. Wow, that came out strangely!
    Let me try to format that again.
    Dear Theo, I am a PGCE student, currently writing my application to the Bracknell Forest pool. There is no specified area for me to attach a personal statement, or covering letter. However, there is an area with two questions, which are as follows: 1) Please detail below some practical examples of what you have learned whilst training to be a teacher and how these experiences have influenced your own style and philosophy of teaching.
    2) What key qualities and experience will you bring to your first teaching post?
    These questions have no word count guidelines, so I would like to ask how much you would advise me to write here. Should I treat it as my personal statement, or keep it brief?Secondly, can you advise me of what you think each question is specifically seeking in the response? I'd like to think it was obvious, but I don't want to take that for granted.Kind regards, Jools

3. Please accept my apologies for the bizarre formatting. The preview looks fine, but the actual post quite different. I'm not sure what to do about it, but I hope you can read it OK.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Google Chrome does that sometimes, as does anything on a Mac.
    I reckon that you are correct that these two sections between them constitute your personal statement, so don't be too brief. This will be your chance to persuade them that you are worth employing, that you have a lot to offer their students
    No, it's not a good idea for me to tell you what you should be including, I'm afraid. Partly because it's youi they are going to employ, not me ([​IMG] ), and partly because it is important that your statement and application are unique.
    Some employers are putting applications through plagiarism software, and something I suggest for you could be taken up by other posters who see it. I'm sure that you can think of things for yourself!
    Best wishes
    The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

*STOP PRESS * There will also be a Northern Applications Workshop in Manchester on Saturday March 5th. www.tesweekendworkshop14.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And have you seen this thread?
    Pools, what they are, and how they work

The next Applications Workshop I'm doing that still has vacancies is on Friday 25th February. www.tesweekendworkshop15.eventbrite.com

*STOP PRESS * There will also be a Northern Applications Workshop in Manchester on Saturday March 5th. www.tesweekendworkshop14.eventbrite.com

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for more details of how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!