1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo NQT executive summary

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by thattallteacher, Jun 9, 2011.

1. thattallteacher

thattallteacher New commenter

I am currently writing my executive summary, as you suggest. However, as an NQT I find the example executive summary hard to apply to the posts I am applying to. I wondered if you could please provide an example of an NQT executive summary
    Thank you

2. Just about to post exactly the same question!! awaiting Theos ever helpful response!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, I know that you would all like that.
    Which is just why I do NOT provide one . . .
    Let me explain.
    One of the major issues for schools and pools is plagiarism. Often accidential plagiarism. People showing their application statements around, reading other people's, and being too closely inspired by what they have read when they come to write their own. Schools and Local Authorities are so worried about this that they are now beginning to use the same sort of anti-plagiarism software that is used by UCAS.
    http://www.ucas.com/students/applying/howtoapply/personalstatement/similaritydetection
    Therefore, I have deliberately chosen a SLT post for my example as the person/job specifications vary a lot for those.
    But if I did an exemple of a classroom post, as filled in by a NQT, it would fit hundreds of posts and thousands of NQT applicants.
    Come on, be honest!
    If I gave you an example of a NQT executive summary - wouldn't you be tempted to write more or the less the same? How could you improve on Theo's Wise Words? [​IMG]
    But if you wanted NOT to use mine - how easy would it be for you to find a different way of saying more or less the same thing? By publishing my example on here, I am depriving you of using some very good phrases and examples that you might have thought of all on your own, because they are now offically Mine and would come up as such in the plagiarism search.
    So, sorry, no: I won't give you the example that you want!
    (But if you do a search on this Forum for executive summary, somewhere among the hundreds of hits that you get you will find the odd thread where someone has asked me to suggest something to fit a particular criterion from a person spec. This may give you some clues).
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

4. thattallteacher

thattallteacher New commenter

I understand the predicament
    Thank you anyway

5. Oh well worth a try! Thanks anyway Theo.
    However I'm still looking to start my induction-two years after qualifying. I'm living in a rubbish area jobwise, competing with who knows how many other qualified, younger, better looking etc etc teachers, have tried everything Theo has suggested to get an interview- but nothing. Not only feeling very let down by my PGCE provider (apparently one of the best in the country) for not providing sufficent job hunting advice-but peed off in general with not being able to do what I am so passionate about-teaching
    Ho hum...onwards and upwards!!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Lots of people have found these very useful for getting jobs. The lovely Julia got an e-mail this morning from another lucky applicant, thanking us for the Seminar she attended.
    Best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Bump

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

<a name="6816251">[/URL]