1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - NQT applying for Secondary, working in Middle... application issues

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, May 12, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am delighted to hear that you are managing to complete induction; so many NQTs haven't been able to do that.
    Not all schools will offer A-level and GCSE PE, so it shouldn't be too much of a disadvantage. And have you also thought of independent schools? There are Prep Schools (7-13), as well as some schools which are 11-16 or 5-16.
    Set up some JobAlerts on the Jobs section of the website. And read the Welcome threads on Independent forum (for general background) and here on JobSeekers for essential application advice.
    Good luck and best wishes.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The next Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sorry, meant to answer this point.
    The answer is: you talk about whatt he school needs you to talk about. What it is asking for. The application must be personal to that school.
    You ought to be able to make your experience relevant; your class management, your setting of and achieving objectives, your enthusing of pupils, etc etc are the same whether they are 9 or 15.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

3. I am intending on including them for any future jobs I apply for, although I did include one for the last one I applied for but didn't get an interview! Oh well, luck of the draw I suppose. I do like including them though as it is set out so clearly for the school to see.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, I can tell you from my experience that Governors just LOVE exec summaries!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.