1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo...not declaring a previous job

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by badlydrawnkel, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I have been offered a job as a class teacher. I work as supply and that is on my application form as my present employer. I also work part time at a bookmakers, which I did not write down, as I felt embarrased to admit this.
    I am now worried that when my P45/46 etc comes back, they will see this and then question it....what shall I do?

2. I have been offered a job as a class teacher. I work as supply and that is on my application form as my present employer. I also work part time at a bookmakers, which I did not write down, as I felt embarrased to admit this.
    I am now worried that when my P45/46 etc comes back, they will see this and then question it....what shall I do?

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Send the P45 employer copy direct to HR/Salaries at the LA.
    There's no need to be embarrassed about any non-teaching work though. Supply teachers have to do all sorts these days to make a living. I doubt someone would want a school to know about their work in a lapdancing club but working in a bookies is tame enough!
    I know teachers who have done barwork at weekends when their f/t salary was not enough to cover outgoings.

4. I frequently did barwork in my younger days.

5. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

My inclination would be to tell them the truth. You shouldn't be penalised for having worked in a bookmakers, but you could be for a less that honest application.